Re: max and min

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg87467] Re: max and min
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ary,

you should post a simple example, otherwise it is not clear what

difficulties you face..

I assume that you have a function like e.g. Sin[1/t]. Obviously such a

function has many extrema. Therefore, we need to give a region. Then we

need the old trick of setting the derivative to zero and use e.g. Reduce:

hope this helps, Daniel