Re: pdf and accents

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg87461] Re: [mg87369] pdf and accents
  • From: János <janos.lobb at>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:43:21 -0400 (EDT)

I am on a Mac, so I go to System Preferences -> International ->
Input Menu, and I check in U.S. Extended.  For that keyboard the
script is Unicode.  Then I check a little checkbox that says:  "Show
input menu in menu bar".  Then on my menubar on the top of the screen
I can select U.S.Extended.  I see that there is no Unicode script fro
Hungarian, and net even for Sweedish on the Mac - I am still using
10.4.11 -, but there is for Finnish and many other accented languages.

U.I.  I do not know
On Apr 10, 2008, at 9:26 AM, J=E1nos T=D3TH wrote:
> I am sorry to admit but I do not know
> how to change the encoding :(, could you help me please?
> Thanks,
> J=E1nos
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM, J=E1nos <janos.lobb at> wrote:
>>  On Apr 9, 2008, at 5:52 AM, janos wrote:
>>> Saving notebooks in PDF form I get an unreadable result if the text
>>> is, say, in Hungarian, probably the same problem arises with other
>>> languages with diacritical signs. Any idea?
>>> Thank you
>>  Will that happen if you change your encoding from let say western
>> iso to
>> Unicode UTF(8) or something similar ?
>>  J=E1nos
>>  ------
>>  "..because Annushka has already bought sunflower oil, and not
>> only bought
>> it, but spilled it too."
>>  Bulgakov:  Master and Margarita
> --

So, while openness provides a couple of security advantages in
itself, the chief reason why Linux and BSD offer superior security is
not so much because they're open source, but because they're not