Re: A kernel, multiple notebooks, and Global?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg87708] Re: A kernel, multiple notebooks, and Global?
- From: Albert Retey <awnl at arcor.net>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 05:00:11 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
dh wrote: > Hi, > > both your assumptions are correct. > But be aware that this is only correct for the default settings, at least in version 6. When one of the Notebooks or one of the Cells has an explicit setting for CellContext the symbols created within this Notebook or Cell will appear in a different context than Global`. I just wanted to mention this for the case that the OP asked this question because he is trying to track down a problem related to this. In that case it might be a good idea to check the settings of CellContext on a per notebook and per cell level. Also I think it would not be a good idea to base a package functionality on this "default" behavior because as soon as people start to use this feature, a package relying on the default behavior might break... Oh, and of course the Notebooks Kernel could also be set to another one for each one of the notebooks, but that is probably more obvious... hth, albert