RE: Coordinates of vertices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87774] RE: [mg87720] Coordinates of vertices
  • From: "Maarten van der Burgt" <maarten.vanderburgt at icos.be>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:31:34 -0400 (EDT)

Steve,

For version 5.2 I could do the following.
I assume this will also work for 5.1.

 <<Graphics`Polyhedra`

 <<graphics`graphics3d`

 trc =Show[Truncate[Polyhedron[Cube]]]

 vtc =(Flatten[trc[[1]]/.Polygon->List,2]//Union)

 ScatterPlot3D[vtc]

Maarten

                    "King, Peter R"
                    <peter.king@imper        To:     "Maarten van der Burgt" <maarten.vanderburgt at icos.be>
                    ial.ac.uk>               cc:     <mathgroup at smc.vnet.net>
                                             Subject:     RE: [mg87720] Coordinates of vertices
                    16/04/2008 16:00

Many thanks to all those suggesting using PolyhedronData. Unfortuantely
I forgot to mention that I was using version 5.1 so I don't think I have
access to that. My fault. Any other suggestions?