NDSolve with Piecewise function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87888] NDSolve with Piecewise function
  • From: Adam Simpson <simpsoa at email.uc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 03:36:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I am wanting to use NDSolve on a piecewise function but am running
into some trouble. Basically what I want to do is this:

NDSolve[
{Piecewise[{{FunctionsA, -.001 < x < .001}}, FunctionsB]}
, {x, y, z}, {t,10^-5}]

So I have x,y,z as functions of t that I want to solve for and in a
certain region of x I want to use a different set of equations. I am
not really sure if I can go about it this way or not though. Any help
on how to tackle such an equation would be greatly appreciated.