Print[Plot] vs Print[text,Plot]?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg87907] Print[Plot] vs Print[text,Plot]?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:50:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
I've just executed a test cell containing
Print["Some text\n", Plot[---]];
(same simple plot in both lines; objective of 2nd line being to get the
text and the plot -- eventually several plots -- into the same output
Result from first line is expected plot; result from second line is a
miniaturized plot about 1/4 the size of the first one.
* This is sensible or useful?
* This is what a novice user should expect as consistent
and reasonable behavior from the above commands?
(Print[Plot] doesn't do the same thing with a given Plot
as does Print[----, Plot, ----] ???)
* This is documented --or better, warned about -- where?
(since it looks like I'll have to, once again, step aside from
attempting to accomplish anything useful with 6.0 and
burn up more time digging into its arcane documentation,
trying to understand this. Apologies for the sarcasm --
but that's the way it feels.)
Prev by Date:
Re: Scaling Plot inside Row
Next by Date:
Re: Directory of Mathematica Add-Ons
Previous by thread:
Re: Very Long Wait for the Kernel after Reboot
Next by thread:
Re: Print[Plot] vs Print[text,Plot]?