Re: Polygon cutter

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87976] Re: Polygon cutter
  • From: carlos at Colorado.EDU
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:39:23 -0400 (EDT)

Well, tell me how ContourPlot can be used for an arbitrary finite element mesh,
which may have arbitrary geometry, topology and element type combinations,
when the data is only known at the nodes (or at Gauss points).

Last I heard, ContourPlot only works for a rectangular region and the function
must be provided as, well, a function. It has its uses, but not in FEM plotting.