Probably memory problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg88058] Probably memory problem
  • From: "Alejandra Lozada" <alozih at>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:08:21 -0400 (EDT)

Dear MathGroup,

Do anyone knows if using the palletes (Alebraic Manipulation,
BasicTypesetting) in Mathematica 6 needs more stack memory that writing
algebra in full form?

I am interested in check an equality:

Side 1= Side 2 of the form:

With y,b,v,z,k,n variables which all but n
are veeeeeery long expressions of the form:
and to make them look shorter I defined other
expressions, so that y, b, v, etc, need
other expressions to be complete.

I know that the equality is analitically true, but
I get using TrueQ(side 1, side2), PossibleZeroQ,
that the equality is False.

So, I think that the problem could be in:
- Lack of memory, because Mathematica stops evaluating
the notebook after the 16th definition,
although I asked Mathematica about the memory used:
MemoryInUse= 6,314,760 bites just before it stopped
evaluating the notebook but I think Mathematica=B4s limit
is about 19,654,528 bites.
-Maybe I do not have enough computer memory, but
I have 1GBite of RAM=1,073,741,824 bites.
-Maybe I did not write well the definitions.

Any comments or suggestions will be very appreciated, :)
thank you very much in advance,

Alejandra Lozada