Re: Dynamic: feature?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88047] Re: Dynamic: feature?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:06:19 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi Chris, if you assigne 2 rules for f, Mathematica takes the first one it finds. And as it searche in alphabetic order, a wins over b. hope this helps, Daniel Chris Osborn wrote: > I have a cell containing this: > > Dynamic[f[a, b]] > > Then I do this: > > a /: f[a, b] = 12 > > and the dynamic cell updates to 12, as I would expect. > > When I do this: > > b /: f[a, b] = 45 > > The dynamic cell does *not* update for some reason. > It seems as though it does not realize an update has occurred when it > is associated with b. > > Does anyone know why this is? > > Thanks in advance, > Chris > >