Re: installing Playe rPro killed using Mathematica itself: BEWARE!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88074] Re: installing Playe rPro killed using Mathematica itself: BEWARE!
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:04:59 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
John Fultz wrote: > Yes, this is because of the overlapping use of MATHEMATICA_USERBASE. Anybody > who does not set this variable will not see the problem. To work around this... > > * Take your current mathpass file and move it into Mathematica's installation > directory in Configuration\Licensing. > * Start Player Pro and enter your password. > * Take the newly generated mathpass file and move it into Player Pro's > installation directory in Configuration\Licensing. > > Sincerely, > > John Fultz Wouldn't it be possible for each Wolfram product to be aware of all other products that might be present - together with the associated environment variables - and take data from every mathpass file it encountered. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk