Re: Print[Plot] vs Print[text,Plot]?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88094] Re: Print[Plot] vs Print[text,Plot]?
- From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 05:58:14 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: HPR <read at math.uvm.edu>
AES wrote: > My original post said: > >>> I've just executed a test cell containing >>> >>> Print[Plot[---]]; >>> Print["Some text\n", Plot[---]]; >>> >>> Result from first line is expected plot; result from second line is a >>> miniaturized plot about 1/4 the size of the first one. >>> >>> ****** This is sensible or useful? ****** > > In response to various replies: [snip] > 6) And did anyone notice that the majority of the alternative > approaches suggested in most replies (Column, etc) were things that > are new in 6.0? Must everyone take a week off from their real life to > trudge (tediously) thru "What's New in 6.0", on screen? There are a *lot* of extremely useful things "New in 6.0" that are very much worth the effort to learn. -- Helen Read University of Vermont