Re: Re: Player Pro and Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88102] Re: [mg88057] Re: Player Pro and Packages
  • From: "Richard Palmer" <rhpalmer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 05:59:42 -0400 (EDT)

Player Pro is, in my opinion, a very good start.  The capability, where it
works, does exactly the right thing to replace old fashioned powerpoint
presentations for technical talks.  It's a huge market.  Here is what needs
to be fixed:

   1. Every copy of player pro contains a copy of math reader  If people
   are forced to go to wolfram to fill out forms to get math reader, most of
   the effectiveness of the approach is gone.
   2. Player Pro needs to work with Add On Packages.  otherwise, the
   usability of these packages is limited.  I think that the only limits that
   might be placed on the code should be something like the limits that are on
   the JAVA virtual machine.
   3. Player Pro needs to be absolutely Free.  This may be effectively
   true already.  If it isn't, any price barrier to using it needs to be
   removed.  The additional Mathematica Licenses will more than make up for any
   forgone revenue on Player Pro Licenses.

Regards,

--
Richard Palmer