OpenerView (with cells?)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88106] OpenerView (with cells?)
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 05:26:54 -0400 (EDT)

In the Mathematica documentation viewer, it looks as though sections
and subsection headers are implemented using an OpenerView that can
contain cells. At least when you click on the disclosure triangle next
to sections like "Examples", "More Information", "Options", and so on,
the view reveals a number of input, output, and text cells.

How are those section headers implemented?  An ordinary OpenerView, as
far as I can tell, cannot contain cells (although you can fake it a
little bit using DisplayForm).  I looked at the cell expression for
one using Show Expression but what I found was just a reference to a
stylesheet:

Cell[TextData[{
  "Basic Examples",
  "  ",
  Cell["(4)", "ExampleCount"]
}], "ExampleSection",
  CellID->454094506]

Any ideas on how that effect is achieved? I'd like to use something
similar in my own notebooks.

Many thanks,

Jason

--
Dr. J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method