Re: ReplacePart and Compile
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88127] Re: ReplacePart and Compile
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 03:40:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Michael Weyrauch wrote: > > (More generally: Could it be annotated in the documentation, which > functions can be compiled and which functions cannot be compiled. For me > it is always an adventure to figure out a compiled version of a routine > I need, because of this lack of basic information.) > I agree, it is quite frustrating that this is not documented. The only doc page I could find about this is here: http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/kernel/Symbols/System/Compile.html (Note that this is for Mathematica 3, not Mathematica 6.) Unfortunately it seems that WRI is not putting too much effort into developing Compile any more. It is not being taught to compile new functions, and its bugs are not fixed.