Re: ReplacePart and Compile

Michael Weyrauch wrote:

> (More generally: Could it be annotated in the documentation, which
> functions can be compiled and which functions cannot be compiled. For me
> it is always an adventure to figure out a compiled version of a routine
> I need, because of this lack of basic information.)

I agree, it is quite frustrating that this is not documented.  The only
doc page I could find about this is here:

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/kernel/Symbols/System/Compile.html

(Note that this is for Mathematica 3, not Mathematica 6.)

Unfortunately it seems that WRI is not putting too much effort into
developing Compile[] any more.  It is not being taught to compile new
functions, and its bugs are not fixed.