Re: Change integral variables

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg88213] Re: Change integral variables
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 04:40:51 -0400 (EDT)

to prevent evaluation, there is Hold or HoldForm.

To change variable of integration without evaluating the integral, we

may use Hold or HoldForm which prints nicer.

body /.x->t^2,var->t})

note that we take care of dx=2 dt by writing body1-> 2 body. Note also

that the first Rule must be delayed.

hope this helps, Daniel