  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg88208] Notebook[]
  • From: N K <nk200810 at>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 04:39:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Everyone,
I have a notebook related question. I have about 50
notebooks open on the screen with different titles. I
want to select the notebooks with certain titles. I do
have this working:

Select[Notebooks[], StringMatchQ[("WindowTitle" /.
    NotebookInformation[#]), "temp"] &]

However, I want to take this a step further, and
retrieve only those notebooks that are on the left
side of my screen and close them. In other words, I
somehow need to divide my monitor in half and select
all the windows on the left side and close them by

I know of WindowMargins but I am not sure how to
retrieve information:
Options /@ Select[Notebooks[],
StringMatchQ[("WindowTitle" /.
    NotebookInformation[#]), "temp"] &]

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ