Converting Mathematica code to C++

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88251] Converting Mathematica code to C++
  • From: "Charlie Brummitt" <cbrummitt at wisc.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 06:51:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
I am considering running my research project on a computer cluster on
campus. However, the computer cluster requires the programs to be in C++,
and I've already coded much of the project in Mathematica. Do converters
such as MathCode C++
<http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/TechNotes/4694/> work
well? Or do I need to re-write everything in C++ (not to mention learn how
to code in C++)?

If it's relevant, my project calculates the Lyapunov exponents of partial
differential equations, and the goal is to find the simplest chaotic PDE.

I'm considering trying Intel's Compiler 10.1 for MacOSX, but I am very
reluctant to abandon Mathematica to learn to use Intel's interface and
others' PDE solvers in C++.

Thanks to infinity,

Charlie Brummitt
University of Wisconsin - Madison