Re: Colors in Plot[]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg91021] Re: [mg90969] Colors in Plot[]
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 03:20:59 -0400 (EDT)

You gave one style directive not two. This directive could include dashing or thickness as well as color. You are overriding the first color command within the single directive by issuing a second color command (i.e., it is the last color (or thickness or dashing) command that matters not the previous one(s)).

Bob Hanlon

---- lehin.p at wrote:

It is interesting behavour and I do not understand the reason for

g[x_, n_] := x^n
Plot[g[x, 1], {x, 0, 1}]
Plot[g[x, 1], {x, 0, 1}, PlotStyle -> {Red, Blue}]
Plot[g[x, 1], {x, 0, 1}, PlotStyle -> {Red, Red}]

Why the second plot is Blue but the third is Red?