Re: Package conversion to V6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91070] Re: Package conversion to V6
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 04:02:48 -0400 (EDT)

On 8/4/08 at 3:24 AM, deepyogurt at gmail.com (Bob F) wrote:

>Is there a way to get Mathematica to give recommendations/hints when
>it reads in a package file created with an earlier version of
>Mathematica like it does for notebook files?

I suspect you are asking how to set Mathematica to do this for a
package you did not write but want to use. If so, this is
something that has to be coded in the package and isn't
something you can change later without modifying the package.

But it would be a simple matter to add this type of feature to
the package. Basically, all you would need to do is look at the
string returned by $Version and return the desired message/hint.