Re: very long dendrogram

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91445] Re: very long dendrogram
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:11:19 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Slater wrote:

<snip>

> However, if I try to produce the full (very long)
> dendrogram or even use the command, say,
> TruncateDendrogram->{1,25}], , using say
> Orientation->Right, the result is
> not readable, being "crammed" into a small space.
> So, I would like to expand this space by several orders.

<snip>

Paul,

You can use the option *ImageSize* like in any other plot command. Note
that this option is not listed by Options[DendrogramPlot] and is
displayed in red by the syntactic checker. Nevertheless, it works like a
charm :) For instance,

   Needs["HierarchicalClustering`"]
   data = RandomInteger[{1, 100000}, {100}];
   DendrogramPlot[data, LeafLabels -> (# &), Orientation -> Right]
   DendrogramPlot[data, LeafLabels -> (# &), Orientation -> Right,
    ImageSize -> 5000]

Regards,
-- Jean-Marc