Re: Background and Frame in Panels

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg91510] Re: [mg91478] Background and Frame in Panels
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 07:07:50 -0400 (EDT)

This may approximate what you want.

  FrameStyle -> LightBlue,
  FrameMargins -> {{5, 5}, {12, 12}},
  Background -> LightBlue],
 BaseStyle -> {FontSize -> 20},
 FrameMargins -> 0]

Bob Hanlon

---- David Park <djmpark at> wrote:

I always wondered why it wasn't easier to set a Background color for a
Panel. It is possible with the following construction, but then we lose the
Black frame.

Panel["xxx", "Title",
 BaseStyle -> {FontSize -> 20}]

Panel["xxx", "Title",
 BaseStyle -> {FontSize -> 20,
   PanelBoxOptions -> {Background -> LightBlue}}]

Is there any simple way to get the Frame back?

Why shouldn't Frame, FrameStyle and Background be direct options for Panel?
Why is only FrameMargins an option?

David Park
djmpark at