Re: Re: Multifile search

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91530] Re: [mg91497] Re: Multifile search
  • From: "peter lindsay" <pl.0 at me.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 06:56:20 -0400 (EDT)

you could try something like:
find /home "*.ehm" -print | xargs grep "hidden text here inside file ehm"

where .ehm is just a name I gave to my test invisible file, which contains
the text shown in quotes". This works in Linux certainly, but slight
variations will also work on the Mac [ unix ].

Peter

--
peter lindsay
computing officer

phone: 01334-463756

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No
SC013532