Catching messages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91541] Catching messages
  • From: thorgal <pbruynd at vub.ac.be>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 03:29:24 -0400 (EDT)

Is there an easy way to immediately abort a function that was called
when it generates a given message and return to the part of the
program that called this function ?  I want to do this when I call
some function from Mathematica packages, i.e. i don't want to change
to function code in the packages and include e.g. catch-throw
sequences.