Re: A plot of Sign[x]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94112] Re: A plot of Sign[x]
  • From: "sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 05:30:34 -0500 (EST)

I don't think you're doing things wrong here. I assume it has to do
with the numerical precission with which Sign works. The manual
states: "For exact numeric quantities, Sign internally uses numerical
approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected
by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision. " Increasing
$MaxExtraPrecision doesn't work though.

If I were you I'd use Mesh->All

Cheers -- Sjoerd