Linux and Mathematica V7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94194] Linux and Mathematica V7
  • From: john.feth at honeywell.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 19:58:08 -0500 (EST)

I'll soon be getting the Linux version of Mathematica V7.  I don't
know much about the various Linux distributions, but I'm wondering if
there are there any conflicts with Ubuntu v 8.10 and Mathematica V7.
Is there a "best" distribution for Mathematica?  I mainly crunch
numbers thousands of digits long and do Jones matrix analyses which
have many (~100K) symbolic terms.  I boggles my mind how well
Mathematica works these tasks.

In the Linux version of Mathematica (V 5.2) I've used , the legends on
framed plots were illegible at best, and the and the key pad was non-
functional.  Are these bugs gone in V7?

Thanks to all,

John Feth