Re: Subscripts in version 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94212] Re: Subscripts in version 7
  • From: Miguel <misvrne at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 06:20:55 -0500 (EST)

On 7 dic, 11:43, "Scot T. Martin" <smar... at deas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I don't know if the author was referring to "this" issue, but the
> Package[] does not work well when specifying a Part[] using the Palette
> input. It gives an error on the Package[] compile as far as I can tell.
> Therefore, I write Packages[] using Part instead of the Palette shortcut.
>
> Again, not sure if that was what the author was referring to.
>
> On Sat, 6 Dec 2008, Albert Retey wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> >> Is solved the subscripts problem in version 7?.
>
> > Sorry, although using it almost daily for about a year, I must have been
> > missing _that_ show stopping issue of Mathematica 6: What is "the
> > subscripts problem" ?
>
> > albert

I excuse , but my english is not very good.
I wante to said this

a) Using the Symbolize function

In[]:
<<Notation`
Symbolize[Subscript[H,_]]
Subscript[H,1]=110;Subscript[H,2]=90;
H=Subscript[H,1]+Subscript[H,2];
Tanh[Subscript[H,1]]

Out[]:
$Failed
tanh(110)

b) Using the Symbolize palett

In[]:
Symbolize[Subscript[m, 1]]

In[]:
Head[Subscript[m, 1]]

Out[]:
Subscript

Mathematica consider the subscripted like Subscript, not like a
Symbol.

In[]:
m=10;
Subscript[m, 1]