Find Selection Function (Spotlight) does not function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94484] Find Selection Function (Spotlight) does not function
  • From: amannuc1 <Anthony.J.Mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:40:51 -0500 (EST)

I have been having trouble searching the documentation. (Mathematica
6.0, OS X 10.5.5). In particular, the Spotlight menu item "Find
Selected Function" just pops up the Documentation Center window, but
produces no search window or output. Is that the intention. I have
reinstalled Mathematica to no avail.

Search does not work withing the DC except for specific function
names. Searching subjects produces no results.

I have re-installed 6.0 to no avail.

Thank you.

-Tony