Mathematica 7 Palettes Stays in front of notebook window, blocking the view. How to fix?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94474] Mathematica 7 Palettes Stays in front of notebook window, blocking the view. How to fix?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:38:57 -0500 (EST)

I noticed in Mathematica 7 (this in on XP, SP2) that when I have a Palettes
window open (I am talking about the Palettes which come as part of
Mathematica 7 itself), then when I click on my notebook window, the Palettes
remain in FRONT of my notebook window, blocking the view, and I have to
manually move them to the side.

They never seem to want to go to the BACK of the notebook window. They want
to remain in the front of my notebook.

Please see the following screen shot, where I clicked on my notebook window,
and you can see that it is the one which has the current focus, yet, the
Palette window did not go to the background as one would expect things to
bechave on windows.

http://12000.org/tmp/dec_12_2008/Mathematica7_windows_problem.PNG

Is this by design, or may be this can be changed by some command or a
preference setting? Otherwise, I think this behavior should really be fixed.

Thanks,
Nasser