Re: contexts and functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94549] Re: contexts and functions
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 02:33:23 -0500 (EST)

Many thanks Jean Marc, that's perfect
Fg

--- On Mon, 12/15/08, Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
To: fgutiers2002 at yahoo.com, mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 9:58 AM

Francisco Gutierrez wrote:

> A very elementary question. I have created a package with several
functions in it. How can I retrieve a list of all the functions the package has?

<snip>

Note sure whether this is what you are looking for, but having loaded the
package into memory you can see the symbols contained in its context thanks to
the command Information[] (shortcut: question mark ?) Say we want to what is
available with the package VectorAnalysis:

  Needs["VectorAnalysis`"]

  ?VectorAnalysis`*

  (* Output: table showing all the symbols in this context *)

Hope this helps,
-- Jean-Marc