Re: Re: Recognising parameters in function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94608] Re: [mg94552] Re: Recognising parameters in function
  • From: "Stuart Nettleton" <Stuart.Nettleton at uts.edu.au>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 06:35:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Bill,
You are quite correct that some problems can be left for symbolic
evaluation. However, I have tested your suggestion with my problem and
unfortunately it doesn't work. I am using FindMinimum with different
multipliers to scan the output of linear programming (to find an economic
trade balance). The "z function" I show in the example is only to
illustrate the issue. My z is actually a very large constraint sparse
matrix. In between my original post and receiving yours, I have submitted
a workaround to the list but it still leaves the original question.
I much appreciate your thoughts,
Stuart

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If