Re: Howto convert a 2D graphic to a 3D graphic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94763] Re: Howto convert a 2D graphic to a 3D graphic
  • From: Januk <ggroup at sarj.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 07:00:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi David,

There might be, but I've found it easier to use the 3D graphics
primitives to approximate the objects you're looking to create.

For a 3D disk, you could use something like:
disk3D[pnt_?VectorQ, normal_?VectorQ, radius_?NumericQ] := Cylinder
[{pnt, pnt - 0.001 normal}, radius]

I hope that helps,
Januk