Re: Mathematica 7 much slower than Mathematica 6 on Limit

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94825] Re: Mathematica 7 much slower than Mathematica 6 on Limit
  • From: "wb at wavebounce.com" <wb at wavebounce.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 07:03:57 -0500 (EST)

Sir, thanks for the tip; wasn't aware of NLimit.

It speeds things up. My original goal was to get this limit to d -> Infinity but 1000 was about as high as I could go. Now I got it up to 10^6 in steps and the result doesn't appear to be converging at all. At 10^7 I get errors. I had to use the Scale->1000 option to get above d-> 1000. Perhaps my NLimit attempt is futile; thanks for your help. Rob