Best practice passing expressions to functions

Hi

I want to write procedures that accept expressions as parameters and be
able define functions based on these expressions, i.e.

f[exp_]:=Module[
   "g[x_] := exp "
]

The code between the " " should clarify what I intend to do. Calling
   f[x^2-2x+4]
should lead to the definition of a function (or pattern)
   g[x_]:=x^2-2x+4;

What's the best way to do this? How can I do this without being
dependent on the variables used in the expressions ("x")?

Thank you.
Remo A.