RE: Fourier Series Expansions and it's Coefficients question revised tia

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85293] RE: [mg85198] Fourier Series Expansions and it's Coefficients question revised tia
  • From: "Jaccard Florian" <Florian.Jaccard at he-arc.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 06:10:24 -0500 (EST)

Hello!

I looked at the answers you already got and tried them.
InterpolatingPolynomial is a good idea, but the difference with what you
expect it a bit too big.
The answer Dana gave was very good, but I'm afraid TrigFit doesn't
really exist anymore in version 6...
So I would do it like this, hoping it looks like you wish:

d = {14, 18.7, 9, 4.1, 6.7, 6, 6.3, 8.4, 4, 2.9, 14};

f = Interpolation[d, PeriodicInterpolation -> True];

<< "FourierSeries`"

s[x_] = N[FourierTrigSeries[f[x], x, 5, FourierParameters -> {-1,
1/10}]]

At this point, you may have some alarming messages, but I believe it is
not really problematical...

As you can control, it looks not bad :

Plot[s[x], {x, -10, 20}, Epilog -> {Point /@ data}]

Best regards