Re: Re: changing color of non-evaluatable cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85268] Re: [mg85247] Re: changing color of non-evaluatable cell
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:57:31 -0500 (EST)

Some years ago, Rolf Mertig created a palette CellProperties.nb that
included toggle buttons for selected cells to be open/closed,
evaluatable/non-evaluatable, active/inactive,
initialization/non-initialiation; it includes a button to duplicate
selected cells and two buttons for opening or closing all selected
groups.  That palette is available at:

  http://www.mertig.com/mathdepot/

It's an easy thing to modify his palette so as to include setting
Opacity->0.5 when cells are made non-evaluatable (and back to Opacity->1
when evaluatable).

At least it's easy now that I know the forgotten "secret".  As Ingolf
Dahl kindly reminded me, the Palettes menu has an item "Generate
Notebook from Palette" along with an item "Generate Palette from
Selection".  I have so much "palette creep" on my menu I didn't even see
those, and I had quite forgotten about them -- which is unforgivable
because it's easy to (re-)learn of their existence by looking up
"palette" in the Documentation Center.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305