Re: NDSolve: PDE's with more than 2 indep. variables.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85333] Re: NDSolve: PDE's with more than 2 indep. variables.
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 05:42:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

the larger problem is, that for fluid dynamics, you need
a time integration that is not dissipative and I would expect
that NDSolve[] has no TVD method implemented and the finite
difference approximations it compute are not of ENO type.

And you may run into serious memory problems when you need
to construct a 4d (space+time) interpolation function.

But it is easy to implement you own solver.

Regards
   Jens