Re: IMS and Help Index

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg85414] Re: [mg85393] IMS and Help Index
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 05:09:34 -0500 (EST)

Just go to the Documentation Center main page and click the "Installed
Add-Ons" link near the bottom of the right-hand column; now click the
IMTEK item in the list of packages.  This will automatically rebuild the
legacy Help Browser index.

(Actually, the behavior is just a bit annoying: at each new Mathematica
session this will happen when you do the above, whether or not the
legacy Help Browser files for the add-in have been updated or not.)

Skip Egley wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently downloaded the IMTEK Mathematica Supplement and installed.
> The installation script mentions recreating the Help Index, but it
> appears that this option has disappeared from Mathematica 6.0.
> Does anyone know how the help for IMS might be regenerated in order to
> be displayed in Mathematica Help?
> Thanks,
> Skip Egley

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.