Re: button to load files from a window

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85424] Re: button to load files from a window
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 05:14:43 -0500 (EST)

Based on various responses that I got to my question "FileNameSetter button
return state" on this newsgroup on 16th December 2007, here is a code
fragment that I wrote which does what you want:

filename = "*.*";

Button["Load...",
 If[# =!= $Canceled, filename = #;] &[
  SystemDialogInput["FileOpen", filename, WindowTitle -> "Load..."]],
 Method -> "Queued"]

Stephen Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:fojr1e$ger$1 at smc.vnet.net...