Re: open URL programmatically?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg85489] Re: open URL programmatically?
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:13:00 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Fisher wrote: > Hi all, > > I know how to create a hyperlink and click on it to go to an URL in my > browser. But I don't know how to write a program that does that > without making the user click. In other words, I'd like a function > such as > > openURL[url] > > that goes to the URL in the browser. Any ideas? > > --Mark > Import will accept a URL string instead of a file. I am not sure if there is a trivial way to open an arbitrary internet file, but even this is certainly possible using J/Link. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk