Re: NDSolve Percision

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85493] Re: NDSolve Percision
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:02:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

have you used Method -> {"SymplecticPartitionedRungeKutta"}
?? to avoid that ?

An non-symplectic method *must* loss the energy of the system,
this has nothing to do with the Precision, this has to do
with the fact that a normal numerical method for
initial value problems is designed to reduce the local
error and not to preserve a global quantity like the
energy.

Regards
   Jens