Re: open URL programmatically?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg85520] Re: open URL programmatically?
- From: Mark Fisher <particlefilter at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:16:21 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Feb 11, 7:10 am, Szabolcs <szhor... at gmail.com> wrote: > On Feb 11, 12:03 pm, Mark Fisher <particlefil... at gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > I know how to create a hyperlink and click on it to go to an URL in my > > browser. But I don't know how to write a program that does that > > without making the user click. In other words, I'd like a function > > such as > > > openURL[url] > > > that goes to the URL in the browser. Any ideas? > > On Windows one can use Run and start: > Run["starthttp://www.google.com"] Thanks. This does what I wanted. (I didn't know about "start".) But is there a way to do this in a OS-free way? --Mark