Re: How should I start with mathematica?

In article <fp18qk$gfr$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > ><http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/Mathematica.html>

> > Good suggestion -- if it weren't for the fact that that particular page
> > has (by actual count) **one hundred and twenty three** (123) separate
> > links on it -- each of which you'll have to click to, one at a time, and
> > then click back from -- not to mention the scrolling and the perhaps
> > dozen or so links you'll have to click to or nested cells you'll have to
> > open within each of those pages.
>

> Actually I only found 86, of which only 7 are titled "New in 6" ;-)

As an automated way of counting links, I dumped the HTML page source for
the above page from Safari to BBEdit, and did a Find and Replace All on
all instances of "href", which told me it made 123 changes.

But have you actually looked at those 7 "New in 6" pages?  My God!  They
contain no real actual information describing the new capabilities, just
endless lists of further links -- and between them they must contain
_thousands_ of links (I'm not about to attempt counting them).