Re: Helpfile-like action in ordinary notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85661] Re: Helpfile-like action in ordinary notebook
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:46:13 -0500 (EST)

In article <fp98mi$v4$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Tony Harker" <a.harker at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

>  Is it possible to set up, in Version 5.2, a group of cells in a normal
> notebook that will have a similar behaviour to the "Further Information"
> sections in the Version 5 help file? What I'd like to have is a group of
> cells that can be toggled between open and closed by clicking a permanently
> visible icon (whether the icon changes shape as the cells change from open
> to closed is immaterial).

I'm no expert at this kind of thing, but:

If you Option-Click on the right-hand cell marker of any one cell of a
certain style, you select all the cells of that style in the notebook,
right?

So, if you can define some special style in your notebook's format that
you then apply to all the "to-be-hidden" cells in the notebook, you can
select and hide 'em all in one action.

Except, now how do you get 'em unhidden once again? -- ah, yes: select
all cells, and Open.