Using Fourier and InverseFourier instead of Convolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85805] Using Fourier and InverseFourier instead of Convolve
  • From: "Solomon, Joshua" <J.A.Solomon at city.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 04:20:53 -0500 (EST)

OK, I must admit that I do not understand everything ListConvolve does, but
I get the convolution I need when I do
ListConvolve[list1, list2, {1, -1}, 0]
In particular, the output has the appropriate length:
Length[list1]+Length[list2]-1.
Now, I would like to get the identical using Fourier and InverseFourier.
Is this possible? What is the appropriate syntax?