Re: convex FindMinimum for a large vector
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg85809] Re: convex FindMinimum for a large vector
- From: Frank Iannarilli <frankeye at cox.net>
- Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 04:22:57 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi Art, I presume you're using Version 6? It sounds like you know what you're doing, but perhaps haven't come across the various options for FindMinimum? Paste the following into the Help>Documentation Center address field: tutorial/UnconstrainedOptimizationOverview which should bring up a jump-table of links, including the one pertaining to FindMinimum: "Methods for Local Minimization" Perhaps tweaking the L-BFGS "step memory" or switchng to the the ConjugateGradient method? Good luck!