- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg85900] Version 6.0.2
- From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 04:25:41 -0500 (EST)
My initial impression of Mathematica Version 6.0.2 is a disappointment.
1) There is still no easy access to the list of 'standard packages' that
come with Mathematica. It quite difficult to find them. The 'Virtual Book'
that was posted on this group did have a list of these packages but the WRI
Virtual Book does not have them. (An indirect way to get links to standard
packages is to search *Package in the Documentation Center. But this gives a
lot of other stuff also.)
2) The worse new feature is that the palettes that come with Mathematica
will no longer remember their position and condition. If they are not where
you like them then each time you start up Mathematica you will either have
to live with it or adjust them anew. With 6.0 and 6.0.1 I was able to change
the preferences for the ColorScheme palette so it would remember its
condition. I can no longer do this and none of the other palettes remember
thier state either. (One improved feature is that the SpecialCharacters
palette will now directly paste instead of select and then paste.) If you
like to control where the palettes are stay with 6.0.1,
3) I was hoping that the Format/StyleSheet menu would put a check by the
current style sheet in use for a notebook but this still has not been fixed.
And aside from this we still don't have the ability to write Version 6 style
djmpark at comcast.net
Prev by Date:
Re: Deleting elements from a Table
Next by Date:
Re: input style within a text style cell
Previous by thread:
Re: Efficiency and ReplacePart?
Next by thread:
Re: Version 6.0.2