v6: Input Cell Word Wrapping: how to set global default?

Dear all,

I would like to repeat the following question to which no answer given
when it was posed in August 2007. I have the same problem as the
original sender:

In v6 (for Linux), how can I set the global default Word Wrapping for
Input cells to Wrap at Window Width?

Thank you very much and kind regards,
Thomas.