MathGroup Archive 2008

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Re: Re: Version 6.0.2

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85985] Re: [mg85963] Re: [mg85948] Re: [mg85900] Version 6.0.2
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:27:36 -0500 (EST)
  • References: <5568322.1204109642644.JavaMail.root@m08>

they're a bit slow with this; I phoned my vendor and asked for a link.Peter

On 28/02/2008, Richard Palmer <rhpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> how do I get the update?  I have a premium license and have received
> no notice of the release?
>
>
> On 2/28/08, peter lindsay <plindsay at mcs.st-and.ac.uk> wrote:
> > hi BobI thought
> > http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica
> > /systems/macintosh/osx/32bitratherthan64bit.html
> >
> > previously gave 64 bit on 6.01 on Mac ?
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > On 28/02/2008, DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On the PLUS side, 6.0.2 gives me a 64-bit install on my Intel Mac,
> where 6
> > > and 6.01 did not.
> > >
> > > Bobby
> > >
> > >
> > > On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:25:41 -0600, David Park <djmpark at comcast.net>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > My initial impression of Mathematica Version 6.0.2 is a
> disappointment.
> > > >
> > > > 1) There is still no easy access to the list of  'standard packages'
> > > that
> > > > come with Mathematica. It quite difficult to find them. The 'Virtual
> > > > Book'
> > > > that was posted on this group did have a list of these packages but
> the
> > > > WRI
> > > > Virtual Book does not have them. (An indirect way to get links to
> > > > standard
> > > > packages is to search *Package in the Documentation Center. But this
> > > > gives a
> > > > lot of other stuff also.)
> > > >
> > > > 2) The worse new feature is that the palettes that come with
> Mathematica
> > > > will no longer remember their position and condition. If they are
> not
> > > > where
> > > > you like them then each time you start up Mathematica you will
> either
> > > > have
> > > > to live with it or adjust them anew. With 6.0 and 6.0.1 I was able
> to
> > > > change
> > > > the preferences for the ColorScheme palette so it would remember its
> > > > condition. I can no longer do this and none of the other palettes
> > > > remember
> > > > thier state either. (One improved feature is that the
> SpecialCharacters
> > > > palette will now directly paste instead of select and then paste.)
> If
> > > you
> > > > like to control where the palettes are stay with 6.0.1,
> > > >
> > > > 3) I was hoping that the Format/StyleSheet menu would put a check by
> the
> > > > current style sheet in use for a notebook but this still has not
> been
> > > > fixed.
> > > >
> > > > And aside from this we still don't have the ability to write Version
> 6
> > > > style
> > > > documentation.
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > --
> > peter lindsay
> > Computing Officer
> > Mathematical Institute
> > University of St Andrews
> > KY16 9SS
> > 01334463756
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Richard Palmer
>
> Home 508 877-3862
> Cell 508 982-7266
>

-- 
peter lindsay
Computing Officer
Mathematical Institute
University of St Andrews
KY16 9SS

------=_Part_26713_16568786.1204216222229
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

they&#39;re a bit slow with this; I phoned my vendor and asked for a link.<div>Peter<br><br><div><span class="gmail_quote">On 28/02/2008, <b class="gmail_sendername">Richard Palmer</b> &lt;<a href="mailto:rhpalmer at gmail.com">rhpalmer at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0;margin-left:0.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
how do I get the update?&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a premium license and have received<br> no notice of the release?<br> <br><br> On 2/28/08, peter lindsay &lt;<a href="mailto:plindsay at mcs.st-and.ac.uk">plindsay at mcs.st-and.ac.uk</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
 &gt; hi BobI thought<br> &gt; <a href="http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica";>http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica</a><br> &gt; /systems/macintosh/osx/32bitratherthan64bit.html<br> &gt;<br> &gt; previously gave 64 bit on 6.01 on Mac ?<br>
 &gt;<br> &gt; Peter<br> &gt;<br> &gt; On 28/02/2008, DrMajorBob &lt;<a href="mailto:drmajorbob at bigfoot.com">drmajorbob at bigfoot.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; On the PLUS side, 6.0.2 gives me a 64-bit install on my Intel Mac, where 6<br>
 &gt; &gt; and 6.01 did not.<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; Bobby<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:25:41 -0600, David Park &lt;<a href="mailto:djmpark at comcast.net">djmpark at comcast.net</a>&gt;<br>
 &gt; &gt; wrote:<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; My initial impression of Mathematica Version 6.0.2 is a disappointment.<br> &gt; &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; 1) There is still no easy access to the list of&nbsp;&nbsp;&#39;standard packages&#39;<br>
 &gt; &gt; that<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; come with Mathematica. It quite difficult to find them. The &#39;Virtual<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; Book&#39;<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; that was posted on this group did have a list of these packages but the<br>
 &gt; &gt; &gt; WRI<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; Virtual Book does not have them. (An indirect way to get links to<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; standard<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; packages is to search *Package in the Documentation Center. But this<br>
 &gt; &gt; &gt; gives a<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; lot of other stuff also.)<br> &gt; &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; 2) The worse new feature is that the palettes that come with Mathematica<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; will no longer remember their position and condition. If they are not<br>
 &gt; &gt; &gt; where<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; you like them then each time you start up Mathematica you will either<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; have<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; to live with it or adjust them anew. With 6.0 and 6.0.1 I was able to<br>
 &gt; &gt; &gt; change<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; the preferences for the ColorScheme palette so it would remember its<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; condition. I can no longer do this and none of the other palettes<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; remember<br>
 &gt; &gt; &gt; thier state either. (One improved feature is that the SpecialCharacters<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; palette will now directly paste instead of select and then paste.) If<br> &gt; &gt; you<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; like to control where the palettes are stay with 6.0.1,<br>
 &gt; &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; 3) I was hoping that the Format/StyleSheet menu would put a check by the<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; current style sheet in use for a notebook but this still has not been<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; fixed.<br>
 &gt; &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; And aside from this we still don&#39;t have the ability to write Version 6<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; style<br> &gt; &gt; &gt; documentation.<br> &gt; &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt;<br>
 &gt; &gt; --<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt; <a href="mailto:DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com">DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com</a><br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt; &gt;<br> &gt;<br> &gt;<br> &gt; --<br> &gt; peter lindsay<br> &gt; Computing Officer<br> &gt; Mathematical Institute<br>
 &gt; University of St Andrews<br> &gt; KY16 9SS<br> &gt; 01334463756<br> &gt;<br> &gt;<br> &gt;<br> <br> <br> <br>--<br> Richard Palmer<br> <br> Home 508 877-3862<br> Cell 508 982-7266<br> </blockquote></div><br><br clear="all">
<br>-- <br>peter lindsay<br>Computing Officer<br>Mathematical Institute<br>University of St Andrews<br>KY16 9SS<br>01334463756
</div>

------=_Part_26713_16568786.1204216222229--

• Prev by Date: Re: NDSolve of a 3rd Order Nonlinear equation
  • Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: Version 6.0.2
  • Previous by thread: Re: Re: Re: Version 6.0.2
  • Next by thread: Re: Re: Re: Version 6.0.2