Re: small init.m problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84521] Re: small init.m problem
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 01:16:20 -0500 (EST)

One question that I would raise (aside from the correction to the
backslash that others have already give to you) is whether
SetDirectory  is really the command that you want to use.  Remember
that SetDirectory sets your working directory to be the indicated
directory.  So, I'd offer that perhaps you are wanting to actually add
the directory to $Path:

?$Path

$Path gives the default list of directories to search in attempting \
to find an external file.

If this is what you want (for example if there is a package in the
directory that you'd like to load using Needs) then use the following
command in yout init.m file:

AppendTo[$Pathe, thedirectory]

--David