Re: small init.m problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84607] Re: small init.m problem
  • From: Jerry <JLK2941 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 06:01:23 -0500 (EST)

Bill, I know the current working directory is the one that
is returned by Directory[] but what significance does it
have? I've found no clues in the help or tutorials (but I
could have missed it).

Whatever it is, I've found that Appending my target
directory to $Path is useless. If I want Mathematica to look for my
files or output files to a directory I specify, I must do it
using SetDirectory[].

Regards